Business Area Description
At Fortum we drive change where it matters. We are a European energy company providing our customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Together with our subsidiary Uniper, we are the third largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe. With around 20,000 professionals and activities in more than 40 countries, we have the competence and resources to grow and to drive the energy transition forward. We strive to make an impact through a culture of open leadership, curiosity and continuous improvement. Do you want to take an active role for a cleaner world? Come lead the change with us! www.fortum.com
Business Technology drives digitalization at Fortum, enabling smart solutions for customers, improved asset and trading productivity, and new data driven business models. The organization brings together technical and digital competences and solutions to help optimize Fortum’s entire value chain, create excellent customer experiences and drive new sources of revenue.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Platforms team in Espoo (Finland), Stockholm (Sweden) or Zurich (Switzerland). Data Platforms teams is responsible of developing and operating our data related services such as data lakes and warehouses in modern cloud environment using the latest technology and methodology. You will be working in an international cross-functional agile team consisting of both Fortum employees and consultants with diverse expertise areas.
- Drive our technology roadmap and data platform implementation in Asset & Markets data domain
- Drive value creation by translating business needs into technical implementation as a member of an agile team
- Hands-on implementation of real-time data processing and pipelines
- Create and improve solution designs based on our technology standards
- Coach and mentor junior team members and consultants
We offer you
This is the start of your meaningful career journey at Fortum. We actively encourage job rotation and development activities across the company with open leadership as our guiding principle.
Energy Intelligence is responsible for Data and Data Science at Fortum. We are a strong team with complementary skills at high level, working at the core of the company's need for the Energy Transition. The team consist of various nationalities in many locations, major locations being Helsinki, Stockholm and Zurich. We are passionate about the purpose behind all we do, to de-carbonize energy and to enable a fully green and sustainable society.
This position is in the Energy Intelligence Data Platforms team, which scope is to architect, develop and implement Fortum-wide Data Platforms that provide data for various business purposes across Fortum. You will have a chance to work in the core of Fortum's development towards more digitalized business, enable Fortum to become the leader in using digital technologies to compete in and transform the energy sector. In that journey you are supported to use and develop further your own professional skills in a modern working environment.
- Deep technical knowledge of and experience in big data and data warehouse solutions,
- streaming data, related trends, data & digitalization, IoT and impact to business capabilities
- Strong background in programming in languages like Python, SQL or Scala
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Understanding agile software processes, data-driven development and data security concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills in
- international context, and ability to adapt to changing priorities -
- Fluent English language skills (written and oral)
- Drive to create technical implementation in an agile team
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or comparable skills
- At least 6 years' experience in data or software engineering
Please send your application via our online recruitment tool by 27th June 2021 the latest. For further information, please contact Mr. Antti Merenheimo, Manager, Asset & Markets Data Platforms, on 15th June at 13:00-15:00 EEST at +358 40 537 9994. To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed already before the end of application period.
For contact with Swedish union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00. Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf