Nuclear Engineering Services and Co-owned assets (NESC) business area is responsible for project and engineering support to Loviisa nuclear power plant, governance of co-owned nuclear assets, and services to external customers. It also drives interest promotion, strategy development, and research and development activities for nuclear in Fortum.
Engineering and Projects (E&P) unit is responsible for providing technical expertise and deliver projects for Loviisa nuclear power plant, co-owned assets, external customers and research and development activities.
About the role
We are looking for Senior Design Engineer to join our expert team of automation design professionals. The team is providing essential support to our fully-owned Loviisa nuclear power plant, domestic and international customers of Nuclear Services and co-owned company governance. This spring Fortum has applied for new operating license for Loviisa NPP until the end of 2050, and the related projects will employ us very tightly during the upcoming years.
In this role you will focus on requirement-based automation design, covering the whole power plant, engineering and project lifecycles. Your daily engineering tasks consist of building, analyzing and reviewing design concepts, establishing detailed engineering, project and quality plans and ensuring acceptability of the chosen design concepts and justifying them to the authority. You will deepen your knowledge of systems engineering methodology and build yourself a comprehensive understanding of automation technology's essential role in terms of nuclear safety. Based on your competencies and work experience, your job description may be customized. This role will be located in Espoo, Finland.
The greatest challenge of our time awaits you. To drive the change for a cleaner world, we need to reshape the energy system. To reach our goal, we embrace a culture of openness. With mutual trust, believing in people, and taking care of everyone's wellbeing, we can reach even better results. Flexibility is the new normal and we apply hybrid way of working wherever possible.
For you, working at Fortum means exciting opportunities to develop your expertise and create a meaningful career. We will support you on this journey. We believe diversity and inclusion inspire all of us to innovate and grow together. Therefore, we are committed to building teams where everyone feels included and is treated equally.
What we are looking for
- You are an engineering professional with positive and proactive attitude, development-oriented mindset and genuine interest to learn and grow as part of an expert team
- You have a proven track record as expert in nuclear field, power plant engineering or other industrial or safety critical operating environment
- You have excellent communicative skills, a strong sense of ownership and responsibility appreciating the freedom to be in control of your own time and effort
- Knowledge about nuclear power plant safety and regulatory requirements is considered as a big plus
- Experience in procurement and supplier management is also considered beneficial
- You are required to have an upper level degree (academic or polytechnic) in automation engineering or relevant field
- You are required to have excellent English language skills and the ability to express yourself well both in speaking and writing
- As we operate under Finnish regulation, fluent Finnish is considered as an asset
- You are compliant to occasional travel days, mostly domestic
Submit your application by 25.5.2022 at the latest. If you would like to hear more about the position, please contact Sanna Räty, +358 40 5077 899 or through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
Fortum and Uniper form a European energy group committed to enabling a successful transition to carbon neutrality for everyone. Our 50 gigawatts of power generating capacity, substantial gas import and storage operations, and our global energy trading business enable us to provide Europe and other regions with a reliable supply of low-carbon energy. We are already Europe’s third largest producer of CO2-free electricity, and our growth businesses focus on clean power, low-carbon energy, and the infrastructure for tomorrow’s hydrogen economy. In addition, we design solutions that help companies and cities reduce their environmental footprint. Our 20,000 professionals and operations in 40 countries give us the skills, resources, and reach to empower the energy evolution toward a cleaner world. fortum.com; uniper.energy