At Helvar, we are constantly developing new products in order to improve the everyday life through lighting and produce more energy saving and environmentally friendly lighting solutions.
We design and manufacture wide range of lighting products including eg. LED Drivers, Bluetooth radio nodes, wireless and wired control systems and other components used in modern LED luminaires. These solutions allow our customers to deliver not only vastly improved energy efficiency but overall wellbeing and enhanced productivity with lighting.
We are now looking for a Senior HW Designer to join our great Product Development Team in Karkkila Lighting Essentials business unit. We are after a senior HW professional, who would be the technical lead for the team with innovative mindset and interest to think outside of the box.
You would be part of a team of highly skilled HW and SW professionals, with excellent facilities for HW design and testing. Thanks to our own factory in the same building, we are able to do rapid prototyping which is a great benefit. Our organization supports bringing out own ideas and drives for ambition. This is demonstrated also through having our very own Innovator Club and IPR department. We encourage to learn and develop oneself, value good team work and always think customer first. We are proud of our supportive and friendly work community, care about our employees well-being and appreciate also having fun!
- Provide strong technical vision for the team
- Create new innovative solutions for future designs
- HW design of new constant current LED driver products
- Verify design functionality together with SW development and testing teams
- Innovate the way forward with ever more miniaturized and cost effective LED driver designs
To succeed in this role, we’d need you to have
- M.Sc or B.Sc in electronics or equivalent education
- Deep understanding of switching mode power supplies and their topologies
- Proven ability to invent new solutions in power supply designs
Would be a plus if you also have
- Experience of Agile methods in HW development
- Understanding of LED driver requirements to produce high quality in high volumes
Interested to join us to shape the future of lighting? Please apply through our website with CV included as soon as possible! Don’t hesitate, as we will fill the role as soon as we find the right match.
For additional information, please contact R&D Manager Mikko Konttila tel. +358 50 411 4885.
“I value the passion everyone here has. And there is a lot of really clever people here. I love being in that environment. Everyone has the same drive to get things done, but also a drive to have fun with it.”
- Helvar employee about working at Helvar