ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the execution of product development programs and/or projects consisting of single or multiple projects and/or programs. This individual will have the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, while creating an environment that motivates, inspires, and respects others. This position requires high organization and planning skills, along with an eye for detail. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication and negotiation skills and has the ability to work both independently and within a team. You may also manage project and/or program managers within assigned program and/or project.
In particular you can expect to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of project and program management principals.
- Uses project management tools to manage large and complex projects or a program.
- Mentor other project managers and project team members.
- Defines and manages scope, time and resources of large scale, complex projects or a program
- Facilitates identification of project or program risks, develops and assigns responsibility for mitigation actions; manages mitigation plan
- Refines project management methodologies for quality and project or program risk management
- Synthesizes critical information and communicates business implications to stakeholders
- Work within the constraints of budget, schedule and scope while managing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
- Act as point of contact for external contacts, which includes integration of project tasks and reviewing deliverables.
- Ability to tailor information to the audience - from detail to broad summaries and technical to business focused.
- Ensure project goals are in line with strategy and business objectives.
- Build a cohesive, high-performing project team to achieve results.
- Provide input and improvements to the PMO process.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience in developing high-volume consumables/single-use medical devices.
- Working knowledge of quality systems, risk management, design control and stage/phase gate processes within the medical device industry (preferred).
- Significant product development experience in a regulated environment.
- A minimum of 8+ years related work experience required.
- Ability to lead team toward operational objectives.
- Aptitude to contribute to strategic goal-setting for department/business unit.
- Experience within a highly regulated environment is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management and executive stakeholders.
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Master’s Degree in an engineering discipline (desired).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (desired).
- 20% domestic and international travel.
We aspire to a “higher calling”, aligning ourselves with healthcare providers to improve the lives of those who are treated with our devices.
Across the Ventilation, Respiratory Diagnostics and Anesthesia Delivery & Patient Monitoring market segments, we represent the largest pure-play company of our kind, with an ambitious and innovative vision for growth. We hold each other mutually accountable for the quality and reliability of our products and work together toward setting a new market standard in these categories.
We are transforming the future of respiratory care; explore how you can be a part of it.
We are a unified “breathing company”, with a global team that is unrivaled in the respiratory care continuum. Each of our 5,000 people worldwide is critical to achieving our shared purpose of improving the lives of those who are treated with our devices. Our people are empowered to “do the right thing” every day and always put patients first. Our market presence, breadth of product and technical expertise enable us to impact the lives of patients around the world every day.
One of our unique strengths is the diversity of our community. We want to treat each teammate fairly and provide equal employment opportunities regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic.