Are you interested in and experienced in electricity, mechanics, and hydraulics? Are you enthusiastic about renewable energy and like a physical job in the field? As a Service Technician at Vestas, you get a job where you make a difference for a more sustainable future.
Sales > SBU NCE > Finland West
You will be part of Vestas Northern and Central Europe which is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, Finland, Celtic, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and the south part of Africa. We are responsible for the sales function, project, installation, and service of wind farms throughout these regions. Our Finnish headquarter is in Vaasa and we have warehouses in several locations across Finland.
The Service Department is responsible for the service and maintenance of the wind farms within Scandinavia. Vestas Northern and Central Europe strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, not only in modern energy but also in employee and customer satisfaction. Right now, we are looking for a Service Technician to join our team, doing service and maintenance of the wind farms near Pyhäntä. In this role, you get to work in an exciting industry in a team of highly engaged employees.
As a Service Technician, you hold an important role as the frontline of our service agreements and taking care of the customers’ turbines. The position requires accuracy and professionalism as the quality and personal safety of our service work is highly considered. To succeed in this role, we believe you possess good knowledge of electricity and mechanics as well as being service-minded. Your responsibilities will be:
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Service and maintenance according to the agreement, as well as carrying out a diversity of check-ups, repairs, and replacement activities of turbine components
- Friction-less operation of our turbines and use of our systems like condition monitoring and remote control
- Contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Responsibility for the service vehicle, warehouse, and order of material, tools, and spare parts
- Daily reporting in SAP
On the professional level, we believe you have:
- Experience or a degree within electricity, mechanics, or hydraulics, and is still eager to develop your skills within these areas
- Fluency in Finnish and good knowledge of English is required
- Computer knowledge, as the tasks include regular reporting and communication through various systems
- Driving license
On the personality level we believe you have/are:
- Motivated by teamwork, communication with other parts of the organisation as well as being service-minded
- Structured and independent
- Flexible, as unplanned overtime can occur
- Open to travel
- Good physical condition and can handle heavy lifts and work on heights
- High level of safety awareness
What we offer
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Apart from an attractive salary and benefits, such as gym vouchers and quick access to specialised health care, we invest in your development. After a thorough introduction course, we offer continuous development of your skills with our well-established education program. You get to work in a diverse team with motivated service technicians in a stimulating environment of an established fast-growing international company, where good communication and structure is the key to good results. As Vestas promotes equality, we welcome both male and female applicants
This role has it's a starting point at our warehouse in Pyhäntä.
Travel is to be expected, particularly during the initial training period but also to other sites in the region.
A requirement for this position is passing an extensive health check that will be carried out during the recruitment process.
The application deadline is 27.05.2021, but don't wait with your application as interviews will be held on an ongoing basis.
For further information and job descriptions please contact Service Supervisor, Mika Petteri Puskala at +358406722326.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.