Business Technology (BT) drives digitalization at Fortum, enabling smart solutions for customers, improved asset and trading productivity, and new data driven business models. The organization brings together technical and digital competences and solutions to help optimize Fortum’s entire value chain, create excellent customer experiences and drive new sources of revenue.
About the role
BT Cyber Security Services produce appropriate cyber security services against the cyber security risks and at the same time increase collective cyber resilience capacity in the Fortum ecosystem.
Your role is to lead and handle security related incidents coming from 24/7 team and application owners inside Fortum. You are deep diving into the incidents and ensuring that they are resolved with our stakeholders. You tune and develop our security event monitoring, analytics, response and reporting practices with your daily routines on incidents and threat hunting.
Main responsibilities include:
- Use SOC security analytic tools, technologies and services (SIEM, SOAR, EDR).
- Manage and maintain security event monitoring use cases, including ruleset configuration for deployed toolset.
- Ensure the continuous monitoring and review of security event sources for alerts and incidents as per defined monitoring use cases.
- Incident response in various levels.
- Threat Intelligence and threat hunting, to search for new, emerged and wildly exploited threats.
- Automate our detection capabilities.
- Assist with vulnerability-scanning and analysis.
- Operative reporting and process developing.
The position can be located in Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden.
With us, you can take an active role in driving the change for a cleaner world. To reach our goals, we embrace a culture of openness. With mutual trust, believing in people, and taking care of everyone's wellbeing, can we reach even better results. Flexibility is the new normal and we apply hybrid way of working wherever possible.
For you, working at Fortum means exciting opportunities to develop your expertise and create a unique career path. We will support you on this journey. We believe diversity and inclusion inspire all of us to innovate and grow together. Therefore, we are committed to building teams where everyone feels included and is treated equally.
What we are looking for
Basic qualification is to have experience and knowledge of Cyber Security and SOC / CIRT responsibilities. We expect you to have 2-4 years of work experience in relevant field. You have an applicable education.
Here we have a list of topics that you might run into when working in Fortum SOC:
- Cloud Security AWS and Azure
- DFIR weighted in Incident Response (tools, methods, practices)
- Linux/Mac/Windows knowledge
- SIEM and SOAR
- Penetration testing methods (how to test what needs to be improved)
- Education/Security Assessments/Project support
- SANS's courses or equivalent
- EDR, NDR, NGFW
- Red/Blue/Purple team concepts
- Network Security, Enterprise networks
As a person, you are a team player with a can-do attitude. You feel comfortable with solving problems and acting on own initiative to drive progress and improvements. You are a quick learner and can adapt to new environments. You are cyber security oriented and can manage small development tasks as coordinator or as specialist. Professional level skills in English is a must.
Submit your application by 16.1.2022 at the latest. If you would like to hear more about the position, please contact Sami Ranne (SOC Manager), email@example.com, or Esa Joffel (Head of BT Cyber Security Service), firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Finland to be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and health examination including drug testing.
For contact with Swedish union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00. Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä; Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf.
At Fortum we drive change where it matters. We are a European energy company providing our customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Together with our subsidiary Uniper, we are the third largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe. With around 20,000 professionals and activities in more than 40 countries, we have the competence and resources to grow and to drive the energy transition forward. We strive to make an impact through a culture of open leadership, curiosity and continuous improvement. Do you want to take an active role for a cleaner world? Come lead the change with us! www.fortum.com