MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We power more than 2 billion devices a year including Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD), Android tablets, feature phones, Optical and Blu-ray DVD players, and we’re number two globally in mobile phones.
At MediaTek, our technology is built with humans in mind to enhance and enrich life. We believe technology has to be great and accessible to everyone. In fact, you will find us in 20 percent of homes globally and nearly 1 of every 3 mobile phones is powered by MediaTek.
We now have a great opportunity for Software Engineer specializing in low level L1 protocols to join our talented engineering team in Oulu. This rewarding position offers the successful candidates the chance to be part of a wider team involved with all areas of development of modem technology at MediaTek, from standardization to system design, implementation, integration and carrier validation, all way to mass production. In addition, this challenging and varied role offers the opportunity to get involved in multiple, global R&D projects.
The main responsibilities under this position are as follows (but not limited to):
- Analysis, design, implementation and integration of NR (5G) features, HW and algorithm control
- Participation in system level pre and post-silicon validation, including field testing and interoperability testing.
- Excellent user of C language
- A great problem solver/ creative thinker
- Someone who enjoys picking up new skills, innovate and take responsibility for new and challenging areas
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of LTE/NR cellular protocols and low level L1 SW
- Good understanding of HW/SW partitioning tradeoffs
- Experience in multiprocessor/core architectures and real-time operating systems
- Experience in using and developing system level simulation models used for SW pre-silicon verification and workstation regression testing
- Experience of HW validation and HW/SW integration
MediaTek and You
MediaTek look for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to master new technologies and tackle some of industry’s greatest challenges to positively impact billions of future users. From 4G and 5G smartphones, to tablets and digital television, MediaTek employees are changing the industry one innovative product after another.
We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We know that every employee makes important contributions, and that every employee is integral to our success.
What We Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus schemes
- Patent reward schemes
- Technical training opportunities
- Comprehensive health care
- Free-time insurance
- Relocation and immigration assistance
- Many benefits such as lunch benefit, sports and culture & massage benefit, and lenses for spectacles reimbursement
Please send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org