Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Voyage is seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer to join its FOS Web Applications team at our Wärtsilä Helsinki Campus.
In this position you will contribute to shaping Wärtsilä Fleet Operations Solution (FOS) - the world leading marine analytics platform that helps our customers to optimize their operations to save money and fuel. Wärtsilä FOS platform is being developed by innovative community of afficionados who strive to drive the rapid digitalisation change which is happening in the marine industry and make the world a greener place. As we want to drive the change, we must always be one step ahead. That means that quality software, excellent UI & UX and constant feedback from our customers are of the highest importance to us. Therefore, we challenge ourselves, release often and are ready to change our plans if they are not what our customers need.
As a Software Test Engineer, you will develop and maintain automated test infrastructure and test sets together with the other team members and Test Engineers. You should be able to work independently, but you will have the support of your Scrum Team and other Test Engineers. We develop data-heavy Python and Java backend applications with React based frontends in a test-driven manner using DevOps pipeline. You don't need to be an expert in all these technologies, but you should have the enthusiasm to learn. You should also not be a stranger to writing documentation and support colleagues when needed. We are looking for a team member, not a robot!
- Leading team related quality assurance activities and test automation development
- Improving and maintaining overall product quality and testing processes
- Manual testing in cases when automated tests are not yet ready
- Writing documentation and supporting colleagues
Knowledge and skills we are looking for:
- Solid experience in quality assurance practices and continuous integration, including test automation and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with implementing automation tests with a tool such as Robot Framework, Mocha, TestNG or Protractor and related skills and knowledge in Selenium and Git
- Being able to work in a challenging and fast business environment
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written English, excellent teamwork skills plus a proactive and positive attitude!
- Good overall understanding of agile software development processes
You will get bonus points if you master some of these:
- ISTQB/ISEB certificate
What we offer you:
- Working together with other enthusiasts in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Lots of freedom and space for self-development
- Meaningful work with clear purpose: changing the marine industry to be more economical and environmentally friendly
- Flexible work arrangements with flexible hours and remote working options
- You choose what tools you use (laptop, OS, IDE, mobile phone)
- Employee benefits
The experience level expected for this position is 3-5 years of relevant working experience, but we can also be flexible about this if you are amazing! This position is full-time and permanent. We will recruit as soon as we find a suitable person so don’t hesitate and apply now!
Contact & next steps:
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, submit your CV & application (with your salary expectation) through our Careers portal the soonest possible! We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Contact person to give further information:
Mikko Hyökki, Senior Product Development Manager: email@example.com
Last application date: 7.11.2021.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com