At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Do you enjoy utilizing your analytical skills to solve complex problems, feel comfortable networking with stakeholders all over the world and have a strategic way of thinking and operating? We are now looking for a fresh new talent to join our Industrial Equipment (IE) Finland sourcing team as a Sourcing Specialist. If you have experience in Sourcing or Materials Management activities, or you have good basic understanding of sourcing activities and the willingness to learn more, this is a great opportunity for you!
As our Sourcing Specialist you will join our small, yet proactive team of sourcing and project management professionals who will help you get started. In addition to in-depth industry knowledge, our team faces exciting challenges with a positive and collective can-do attitude – we want our team to enjoy working together. Your first goals in this role will be strengthening your industry knowledge and getting to know our suppliers. After you’ve gotten a good understanding of our sourcing activities, you get to participate in more challenging tasks and grow in the areas if areas of supply base management, supplier development, negotiations as well as in essential sourcing best practices and tools.
As a Sourcing Specialist you will have your own dedicated suppliers to work with. You will analyse the spend and proactively create action plans on how to support continuous improvement according to IE Sourcing and Konecranes Lean strategies. In your daily activities you will be working closely with other procurement community colleagues, Materials Management teams, Quality, R&D and other internal stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities:
• Manage IE supplier base by working as a supplier manager for dedicated suppliers
• Participate in consolidating business to best performing suppliers
• Co-operate with procurement organization, operations, suppliers, material management, quality and R&D.
• Support cross-functional teams to improve cost, quality, delivery punctuality and reduce risk.
• Tracking and reporting sourcing related KPIs (supplier punctuality, savings etc.)
• Supplier negotiations and agreement making
Why to join our team?
With us, you will work in a global environment that provides many opportunities for personal growth and development. You will be part of energetic and collaborative team that belongs to Business Area Industrial Equipment procurement organization and contributes to the success of industrial equipment business.
When you join Konecranes you immediately notice a strong sense of commitment, camaraderie and lots of opportunities to grow professionally within our organisation, as we believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Want to learn more about Konecranes and what your future colleagues have to say? Then watch this video.
What should you bring?
• Master’s (or Bachelor) degree, major in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, economics, or other relevant field.
• Preferably earlier work experience in sourcing or similar role, and willingness to develop yourself as a sourcing professional
• Ability to develop tactical plans in collaboration with stakeholders
• Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Finnish language is an advantage in this position.
Please express your interest in the role by submitting an application by 17.10.2021, at latest via Apply -link.
For further information about the role, please contact Jari Laitiainen, Sourcing Manager Finland, BA IE Supply Procurement Finland via email: jari.laitiainen(at)konecranes.com or by phone: +358 50 342 8781 (call time: Tue 12.10 at 11:00-12:00 EEST and Wed 13.10 at 16:00-16:30 EEST)
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination.