Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Job posting end date: 06/24/2021
We are now looking for experienced Technical Writers to our Technical Documentation team. Preferable locations are Tampere and Lappeenranta.
Our mission is to provide an outstanding and safe user experience of the technical documentation for the customers and inside Metso Outotec:
- We ensure that technical information is available for project deliveries and to the installed base by cooperating with Capex delivery, Business Lines, and Product Groups
- We own the concepts for named technical documentation, e.g., Instruction Manuals, Service Instructions, and Spare Parts catalogs
- We provide support in content creation in Business lines and Delivery projects, e.g., in Manuals and Spare Parts catalogs creation, and in Translations
As Specialist, Technical Documentation you will:
- Utilize your experience in technical documentation area in our transition from traditional documentation methods into digitalized environment and in migration of two technology companies into one.
- Migrate contents from old sources into structured contents to form documents, for example Instruction manual
- Create documentation package for equipment:
- Collect and document technical, installation, operation, maintenance and safety related issues in the form of instruction manual according to concept
- Ensure that created documentation is according to Machinery Directive or other regulations used in project
- Coordinate and collect documentation from suppliers and equipment packages
- Quality control of supplier material to ensure that material delivered from suppliers is according to regulations
- Coordinate creation of translations
- Provide relevant support for all stakeholders:
- Share own expertise in projects concerning contents and creation of technical documentation
- Participation in risk analysis of equipment and integration of residual risks to Instruction manual
- Participate in terminology management
- Produce deliverables (paper prints, online and offline publishing) with our partners
To succeed, you will need:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Engineering or M.A or other suitable degree
- Knowledge of structured (modularized) documentation including experience in content migrations
- Knowledge of standards of technical information
- Knowledge on relevant directives, e.g. EN ATEX or PED
- Self-motivated approach and ability to work independently
- Ability to pay high attention to details to ensure high quality of work leaving the organization
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience in project work
- Good skills in O365 environment, experience of FrameMaker is an asset
- Understanding of technology, customer needs, project’s needs, processes and services
- Fluent spoken and written English and Finnish, other languages are an asset
For more information about the role please contact Mari Reponen, Director, Technical Documentation, email@example.com.
Please leave your application via Metso Outotec Careers page the soonest and no later than 24th June 2021.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec