Strategy Manager, Automation
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, sales were approximately 37 billion SEK with about 12,500 employees within continuing operations.
Business Unit Automation is driving an exciting and revolutionary transformation in the mining industry. This industry is going totally digital, which has a radical impact on our customers’ way of thinking and the way they run their businesses. Sandvik is the global market leader in this area, offering cutting edge digital products and solutions for its customers worldwide. Our offering includes the AutoMine® product family, which provides solutions for fully automated and robotic mining technologies for underground and surface mining. We also have the best in class software solution, OptiMine®, for process optimization and analytics. It creates full-process transparency and control of mining operations, including real time 3D-graphics based process control, artificial intelligence and predictive data analytics technologies.
As a Strategy Manager for Business Unit Automation, you are responsible for driving various initiatives and formulating actionable plans to achieve business goals and growth targets related to the AutoMine® and OptiMine® offering. This position is based in Tampere, Finland and reports to the Director of Automation Global Business Development and Marketing. To succeed in this role, you are expected to:
- Support the development, create presentation material and ensure timely updates of the business unit’s strategy for its overall business, automation and digitalization products and services as well as internal operations to support decision-making processes.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to create business growth plans for automation in both surface and underground mining.
- Work with customer-facing frontline sales and services teams to help them create executable regional strategies that lead to successes with the digital offering business.
- Take ownership of selected initiatives, such as driving strategies for go-to-market, offering interoperability, mid-tier markets, service offering and enterprise license agreements as well as modelling longer-term business expectations.
- Support frontline sales teams with market insights for lead generation and facilitate establishing strategic reference customer cases.
- Map the business unit’s needs for M&A synergies as well as manage and participate in the division’s selected M&A and due diligence projects and initiatives.
- Research, develop data collection methodologies, analyze and utilize market intelligence and business intelligence to report insights and recommend actions. Assess competitors even at a product feature level.
- Manage planning for new pricing strategies and business models, contribute to product and deal pricing and lead customer value assessments.
We are looking for an experienced business strategist, who has outstanding presentation and business process skills, understands creation of customer value and possesses a Master or Bachelor level education from a relevant field. The ideal candidate has a creative and analytical mindset, is familiar with various business models and advanced technologies to disrupt the industry and is continuously keen on identifying and exploring new opportunities to improve the business performance and establish competitive advantages. Previous experience in mining or another similar type of an industrial business-to-business setting is highly valued. Willingness to travel internationally is expected in this job. This role requires fluent communication, presentation and negotiation skills in English.
What is in it for you?
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment, extraordinary products, great colleagues and opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers. We have an inclusive company culture where our values are Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us better.
For further information about this position, please contact:
Jarkko Ruokojärvi, Director of Automation Global Business Development and Marketing,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +358 408429106.
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact:
HR Services Finland, tel. +358 800 1 44444 (8-4 pm, EET).
Want to join our Automation team?
Submit your application and CV including your salary request by Sunday May 9th, 2021.
When applying in our system, please make sure to also attach your cover letter when asked to upload your resume.
Read about Sandvik and apply at home.sandvik/careers.
Job ID: R0027076