Generation division is responsible for the large scale power production, physical optimization and trading activities in the Nordic area. This division comprises nuclear, hydro, wind and thermal power production, portfolio management and trading, industrial intelligence and nuclear services.
About the role
As our "Strategy Manager, Flexibility and Storage Solutions" you will become a valuable part of the newly formed Strategy & Development function within Fortum’s Generation division. Here, we are driving strategy and business development including co-ordination of M&A transactions, optimization of Fortum’s generation investment portfolio, operational excellence, industrial electrification and hydrogen business development well as asset digitalization.The Strategy & Development function works closely with other Generation Business Areas and Fortum divisions. As ”Strategy Manager, Flexibility and Storage Solutions” your key priority will be to drive our strategical development within the area and manage the pipeline of strategical development projects. You will be setting our ambitions and study various alternatives to deliver Fortum Generation’s strategic ambitions.
This role will report to the Head of Generation Strategy & Development and can be located either in Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden.
Your tasks will include:
- Setting ambitions and formulating our strategical approach in various electricity system flexibility and storage solutions
- Collaborating closely with other Generation Business Areas, especially Hydro, Nuclear, Hydrogen and Trading & Asset Optimization with view on technical delivery, operations and commercialisation of flexibility related projects
- Originating and developing new flexibility projects
- Management and steering of overall project pipeline within the area of flexibility and storage solutions
- Preparation of analyses, market studies or other deep-dives to support the strategy work in the area of your responsibility
- Collaborating effectively with external stakeholders, incl. suppliers, TSOs, DSOs, project partners and authorities to develop efficient project structures and attractive business cases
- Leading project specific cross-divisional teams in matrix setup to achieve project specific objectives
The greatest challenge of our time awaits you. To drive the change for a cleaner world, we need to reshape the energy system. To reach our goal, we embrace a culture of openness. With mutual trust, believing in people, and taking care of everyone's wellbeing, we can reach even better results. Flexibility is the new normal and we apply hybrid way of working wherever possible. For you, working at Fortum means exciting opportunities to develop your expertise and create a meaningful career. We will support you on this journey. We believe diversity and inclusion inspire all of us to innovate and grow together. Therefore, we are committed to building teams where everyone feels included and is treated equally.
What we are looking for
- A robust understanding of Nordic power markets and electricity systems management
- Strong understanding of system balancing and flexibility management, incl. regulatory developments, products, technical solutions and successful commercialisation of these
- Experience for delivering inter-disciplinary projects and/or development initiatives ideally related to energy market
- Ability to manage complexity and uncertainty to deliver business objectives
- Experienced and competent stakeholder management, both internal and external, ideally acquired within the Nordic region Strategic and commercial mindset to the strategical development projects
- A desire to learn and grow, as a professional and as a person
- A dedicated team player with strong communications skills in English, both written and spoken. Finnish, Swedish or German skills would be an advantage
Submit your application by 30th of June at the latest. If you would like to hear more about the position, please contact Satu Sipola by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
For contact with Swedish union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00.
Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä, Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf