Come create the technology that helps the world act together!
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
SW Release Engineer, SoC SW Tools and Releasing
The team you'll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
As a part of our team you will get wide range of modern CI/DevOps tools to deploy your new ideas to our release pipeline and make those visible in the Nokia 5G success story.
As a SW Release Engineer, you will be in key role to develop release process and Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline to ensure our SW deliveries to internal customers.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Actively follow-up on the development plans and enable the releasing pipeline accordingly
- Build Yocto SDK for developers
- Maintain Yocto image related topics, prepare deliveries and release notes for releases
- Responsibility of the Release CI development for the SoC SW tribe
- Test deployment for the releasing process
- Cooperation with component development teams and internal customers
Your skills and experience:
- Background in CI process and tools deployment in embedded SW development
- Experience of embedded SW development and understanding of building SW releases with Yocto environments
- Good team working skills, e.g working together with related area specialists and ability to build network to establish good co-operation over the different SW development areas
- Basic knowledge of DevOps tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Gerrit, ZUUL, Jenkins etc.
It would be nice if you also had:
- MSc or BSc degree in EE, CS, or similar
- Experience of JIRA tool usage
- Experience of scripting languages (Groovy, Python, Robot framework)
You don’t need to master everything, but you should match to at least some
level to all key words above. We will then take care the rest.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employ
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.