Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Making your next move count
Kalmar is looking for a System Safety Engineer.
The purpose of the position is to take, plan and coordinate actions which aim to ensure that project’s delivery is in conformance with agreed safety requirements. This role reports to project director/manager. You will be working together with many levels in Kalmar organisation like Project directors, Product management, Test engineers and commissions. Also cooperation with customers and authority is needed.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Follow safety process especially according to ISO 12100:2010 and ISO 13849-1:2015 and -2:2012 standards in the defined projects
- Coordinate, perform and document requirements identification, risk assessment and risk reduction in cooperation with Project and Product management
- Support Engineering and Project team in identification and application of valid risk reduction measures
- Coordinate work related to identification, verification and validation of safety functions
- Continuous development of safety process, procedures and documentation in cooperation with product lines and safety management team
- Follow up relevant European and other world safety standardization and regulations and share information about the upcoming changes
- Coordinate safety related work with subcontractors
- Other separately defined project duties.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Technical education (B.Sc or M.Sc)
- 1-3 years of experience from Product Safety
- Knowledge of standards (especially safety of machinery related)
- Team leading skills, organized way of working, good communication skills
- To have ability to be solution oriented in challenging situations
- Fluent English.
You will be part of:
We believe in our people as it is our people who really make the difference. We always work in close collaboration with our customers, deliver on our promises and never walk away no matter how big the challenge. We succeed because we do it together.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Reetta Jokinen Senior Manager, System Safety at email@example.com or mobile 0407229145 on Monday 10th of May (between 9am- 10am).
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application, CV and salary request on our career page by 20.05.2021.
Kalmar is part of Cargotec
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people. www.cargotec.com