Systems Architect, Automation and Digitalization / Sandvik, Tampere
Sandvik’s Digital Mining Technologies Division is driving an exciting revolutionary transformation of the Mining industry. This industry is going totally digital, which has a radical impact on our customers’ way of thinking, their processes and the way they run their business.
We are currently looking for a driven Systems Architect to join our Systems Engineering team in Automation R&D. This position is full-time, permanent, and based in Tampere, Finland. This is an incredible opportunity for you to join our Business Unit Automation team and be part of the digital transformation in the mining industry, with projects ranging from embedded software for self-driving industrial vehicles, AI and machine learning. We at Sandvik are committed to investing in you and your professional development. So, if you are interested becoming a part of our digital journey, please keep reading!
In this role You will be responsible for the system architecture of our products and new developments as member of the R&D Systems Engineering team. You will be interacting other R&D teams and the Product management team as a key part of the work we do.
Key aspects of the work would be:
- Be responsible for the work on the Software Architecture for our products and new developments ranging from Embedded SW to Cloud SW systems.
- Deal with life cycle aspects of our system and how they integrate with other systems and current products.
- Handle product requirements and their impact of architecture design work with consideration to all different constraints like cost, schedule, usability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Steer and guide implementation teams to ensure quality SW is implemented according to defined architecture.
About you and what we find important
- You have a relevant technical education (e.g. Master of Science in Automation or SW Engineering) and prior experience with automation or software development in an international business environment.
- You can specify, plan and document your ideas and you have a proactive systematic and structured way of working.
- You are fluent in English, and you have at least five years of experience in working with advanced complex developments.
- You can establish strong professional relationships directly with relevant stakeholders and communicate with them at all levels.
- You understand wider business needs and find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- You can work proactively and systematically in a fast-changing business environment with a strong success focus.
- You have willingness to travel internationally.
What is in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and interesting role in a truly international environment with opportunities for your professional development. In addition, we offer good employee benefits and inclusive corporate culture focused on sustainable development, with values such as Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers. Visit our Solid Ground stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us better.
We offer you excellent opportunities to further develop your expertise with our top quality, high-tech products and to acquire international experience in a global business environment. In addition, we offer good employee benefits and inclusive corporate culture focused on sustainable development, with values such as Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. At Sandvik we believe that the diversity of experiences, perspectives and backgrounds will contribute to successes for our employees, our company and therefore also our customers. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn, Facebook and We Make the Shift - Advancing the World through Engineering (Youtube) to get to know us better.
Want to join our team?
The recruitment process is conducted in collaboration with Barona IT and the employment contract will be signed with Sandvik. Submit your CV and application by Monday 22nd of August through the Barona Recruitment portal- email applications will not be accepted. For internal Sandvik candidates: please apply through the Sandvik intranet pages.
For further information about this position, please contact recruitment consultant Eero Miettinen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID: R0032022
Apply latest by 22.08.2022.
For more information please contact: email@example.com, 044 460 2031
Sandvik Mining and Construction Oy
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying. In 2021, revenues were approximately 41,400 million SEK with about 15,600 employees within continuing operations.
Rekrytointia hoitaa Barona
Barona IT is the leading IT sector work life expert – we employ over 1,000 IT professionals within the Nordics and in our site located in Poland. Our mission is to help you to find the most interesting career opportunities in a digitalizing working life. We are part of a strongly growing and internationalizing Nordic community.
Barona helps you build a career to suit your personality. We will support you at the different stages of your career, both in Finland and abroad.