Come and join our a+ team! At Accountor Finago we are forerunners for the future. Development, curiosity and growth give us purpose – we really have the ambition to be one step ahead. Here, new ideas are boosted with an open-minded attitude and flexibility - we are an a+ place to work!
UX Design Lead
Tired of just playing by the book? Here is your chance to become the book!
You will join Accountor Finago’s Design Team of UX and Product Design professionals. We are passionate about customer-centricity, user research and user testing, AI, Machine Learning, static sticky notes, workshop, trying out new design methods, teamwork, design events and shaping the future. We thrive on developing the best financial management software. We are not afraid of challenges - or paper cuts.
What you will be doing
Your job is to enable UX Designers to do their job properly. You will take a hands-on substance lead approach in defining the way the UX Designers’ work, and how we implement the best UX Design in product development. In this role you are developing, maintaining and facilitating efficient best practices and design processes. This means that rather than designing the software content yourself, your focus is in enabling the UX Designers to do the design work professionally as well as in helping and supporting them in daily challenges. In this role, you are also supporting the Head of Design in keeping up and improving an inspiring design culture in our company.
Your tasks include:
- Being a substance lead for UX Designers
- Developing and managing UX Design processes and practices
- Allocating UX Designers to projects and teams
- Coordinating and delegating Design tasks and projects
- Organizing UX Designers' weekly practices
- Coordinating and facilitating the development, maintenance and usage of the Design system
- Onboarding, guiding and coaching UX Designers
- Helping out in practical design tasks and backing up UX Designers when needed
In our development organization, all the line management duties of UX Designers’ are handled by People Development Coaches. This enables you and our other experts to focus on the substance, also keeping your own expertise up to date!
With these strengths you are one step ahead
- You get your drive and motivation from helping others to succeed
- Mid to Senior level experience of working as a UX Designer or in applicable Design position
- Strong theoretical knowledge of the whole design process and methods from user research to polished UI design.
- Experience and strong knowledge of implementing design methods in complex software development environment
- Leadership and mentoring skills, experience in leading teams/people
- Strong Coordination, facilitation and organizing skills
- Fluent Presentation and verbal communication skills (English)
You will also benefit from having experience or knowledge in UX Design metrics and design ROI, as well as Finnish language skills.
Why join us
- You won’t be alone: You will join our Design team of UX Designers, Product Designers and Head of Design
- We have great people here: a truly international group of professionals making top-quality software together
- Relaxed and trusting atmosphere, both at the office as well as working remotely
- Challenging and rewarding tasks
- We offer a substantial set of benefits:
- Competitive salary and a bonus program
- Transparency regarding salary ranges among various roles
- Your manager as your own personal coach to support you, your well-being and your career – with time dedicated regularly to you
- Yearly budget for professional development
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Extensive occupational health services
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Employee-hosted recreational clubs – also virtually
Take advantage of this opportunity and join our team to make a difference!
For further questions, please contact our recruitment consultant, Suneeta Kadali by 16th of July: suneeta.kadali(at)finago.com, +358 44 334 4442.
We will be going through applications and calling for interviews after July.
We look forward to hearing from you and your skills, so please provide your application with a portfolio, salary request and a fun fact about yourself. We are actively following the process and might proceed to action on a rolling basis.
Please note that due to current circumstances with COVID-19, relocation matters are very complicated. For this reason, we will only proceed with applicants located in Finland for the time being.
About the company
Accountor Finago (https://finago.com/fi/) is the manufacturer of the leading financial management software products in Finland and a part of Accountor Group’s SME software business. The software products are used by over 2,500 accounting offices and we serve over 120,000 companies in Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
Accountor (https://www.accountor.com/fi/finland) specializes in software solutions and outsourcing services for financial and HR services. The group employs about 2,350 experts in seven countries. Our mission is to help our customers use the possibilities of modern technology and digitalization in their everyday work. The group’s headquarters is in Espoo, Finland. In addition to Finland, we operate in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Russia and Ukraine. The turnover of the Accountor Group was 245 M€ in 2019.
You can read more about our supportive, trusting and friendly atmosphere
here on our social media pages or behind #accountorteam.