Would you like to become a part of our team and work with cutting edge sports and fitness training watches, apps and web services? Take the next step in your career and join our innovative team that helps people get fitter, faster! At Polar we offer you excellent development opportunities and a dynamic, international working environment.
We are now looking for Electronics Architect to our R&D HW- team. In this position we will offer you a unique opportunity to work with high end sports related technologies and to guide product system integration feasibility, feature and design possibilities, trade-offs, component selection, early PWB floorplan and route studies. You’ll work with cross functional experts and architects on HW/SW/MFG with enabling technologies.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Predict & prepare for future product system integration and interconnect needs
- Lead early design team members during the architectural phase of product development
- Define, simulate, and model product performance vs. power
- Calculate, review and challenge system performance decisions
- Challenge and influence cross functional roadmaps
- Negotiate design rules for system design, PWBA and manufacturing
- Create internal & external system specifications; keep current with technology trends and roadmaps.
- Work as an expert at system level and component level packaging and supplier negotiations
- Mentoring junior engineers for best practices in systems development and processes
- Define, develop, and utilize tools, scripts, automation, and methods of system analysis.
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor and or Master’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Broad experience within the electronic field
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams
- Pro-active and good communication skills
- Be successful navigating cross functional organizational challenges
- Enthusiasm to negotiate to develop processes and capabilities
- Experience of using schematic and layout tools such as Mentor
Preferred location is Polar Headquarters at Kempele, other Polar locations in Finland are negotiable (Helsinki, Jyväskylä, Tampere).
If you are ready to seize this amazing opportunity, let us know and send your application with salary request and CV no later than August 15th, 2022.
Kindly notice that we will start the interviews already during the application period.
For further information, please contact Mr. Kai Pietilä, +358 40 588 8425 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Best time to contact is August 9th from 9.00 to 11.00.