PerkinElmer is currently looking for
Turku, Finland / Global Operations
The Turku Site, with 650 employees, represents one of PerkinElmer’s major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn and maternal fetal health screening. As the global market leader in newborn screening, our solutions have tested over 560 million babies worldwide for life-threatening diseases.
As the leader of the Turku site Purchasing team, you will be responsible for ensuring the overall functionality and success of the team. You will report to Global Strategic Sourcing Leader.
- Manages and motivates a team of purchasing staff (may fill the role of a staff member in case of complex or high-volume situations)
- Responsible for developing and implementing procurement processes and procedures
- Explore the current material situation and drives agreed KPI's
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, internal teams such as manufacturing, sourcing, supply chain, planning, sales and R&D
- Negotiate contracts with production suppliers, maintain and develop the supplier relationships
- Responsible for the raw material storage inventory values and turnover
- Responsible for availability and on time delivery of the raw material
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably within Business, Biochemicals or Mechanics related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within procurement / sourcing role
- Proven track record in change management
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Strong drive, motivation and performance orientation
- Capabilities to prioritize and organize tasks effectively and work accurately on several projects at one time in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of high and low volume purchasing
- Experience in QSR, ISO13485, GMP and other applicable environments is preferred
What we offer:
- Purposeful & inspirational environment
- Dynamic culture in which customers are at the forefront
- Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
- Access to cutting-edge expertise through which you can make positive impact in the world around us
PerkinElmer Turku Site is a drug free site and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.
Please apply as soon as possible, at the latest on May 19th, through the link above. For further information, please contact Jesse Mattila, Global Strategic Sourcing Leader, +358 405464232, preferably on Friday 7th of May 21, 2.30pm - 4pm or on Monday 17th of May 21, 10.30am – 12.30am. Join us today!
PerkinElmer is a $2.9 billion global company committed to innovating for a healthier world. We create the instruments, tests and software used by scientists, researchers and clinicians to address the most critical challenges across science and healthcare, including the most recent COVID-19 pandemic. We strategically partner with customers to enable earlier, more accurate insights, supported by deep market knowledge and
expertise. Our dedicated team of 13,000 employees are passionate about helping them work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life and sustain the wellbeing of people worldwide.