We are “Avantor”, a Fortune 500 company, leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve.
We are currently looking for a Sales Specialist - Chromatography to support the sales team in creating sustainable and profitable relationships with customers by offering expert technical support within their discipline (Chromatography). In this role, you will be responsible for increasing sales by actively selling the VWR portfolio of products to end users using a formal selling approach. As a Sales Specialist, you will work closely with the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term goals in line with company business strategy. Together with the customer you will further develop the business by analyzing customer needs and identifying suitable solutions. You will instill confidence in customers by displaying a high level of technical competence that can support customers throughout the product and sales cycle.
Relationship Development: Increase competitive advantage and drive customer satisfaction by building trust and developing strong partnership relationships. Add value in every interaction by working together with customers and VWR sales teams to develop beneficial solutions for their business. Provide higher and differentiating value not by what you sell – but by ‘How’ you sell. Collaborates (with) and orchestrates the broader internal network.
Technical Support: Offer continuous sales support to customers on product and services from the VWR portfolio. Provide equipment demonstrations and start up support where possible. Is able to understand the customer strategy and then bring product knowledge as appropriate.
Targets: Meet /Exceed IOP for sales and margin within their discipline. Develop awareness / sales in the VWR Private Label range of products to increase overall profitability.
Business Development: Demonstrate strategic agility in approach to customers and varying projects. Call to customers frequently to create opportunities for selling the VWR portfolio of products. Understand customer profile; be able to identify trends and opportunities that will generate sales.
Utilize VWR resources: Utilize local and global internal (cross-functional) and external contacts to help achieve targets. Utilize VWR CRM database to manage customer information that will increase effectiveness and aid sales.
Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BSc or equivalent in a scientific or technical related area
- Experience within chromatography
- Fluent in oral and written Finnish and English, other language skills are considered a benefit
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a complex sales environment with a proven track record of verifiable sales success driving growth with a consultative, strategic selling approach
- Business-to-business sales experience, preference may be given to those with distribution experience and/or work experience in a laboratory or research environment
- Extensive experience working in a fast paced, targeted environment with challenging timelines
- Ability to focus on the big picture and assist with project developments with customers
- Ability to see opportunities and have initial ideas around value adding solutions for the customer
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- Develops mutually beneficial partnership relationships
We offer you a full time permanent contract including benefits such as a company car, 30 holidays and annual bonus. We also offer a great place to work either remote or at the office in Pitäjänmäki Helsinki with a driven team with a great spirit.