Senior Legal Counsel EMEA
Hansen Technologies – Remotely Based within Europe or UK
With over 40 years of experience, Hansen Technologies is a leading global provider of customer care, billing software and data management systems across 80 different countries with specialisations in the utilities and telecommunications industries. With 1500 staff globally, our people bring a deep industry expertise, that drives innovation and ideas to ensure we deliver exceptional products and services to our customers.
As a rapidly growing company, Hansen are looking for a Senior Legal counsel with extensive Software contract experience (from a vendor perspective), to support our GM of Legal and Commercial with legal matters across EMEA, and the negotiation and execution of customer contracts. We welcome applicants with broad legal skills, however a main focus of the role will be providing legal and commercial support in the negotiation, drafting and support of customer contracts.
The Senior Legal Counsel can be based remotely across the UK and Europe. Please enquire by way of applying to discuss this in more detail.
Due to our wide geographic spread in-region, in addition to speaking fluent English, an additional language will be essential in one or more of the following: Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish or German.
- The preparation and drafting of commercial contracts; including software licensing, SaaS, support & maintenance, and implementation agreements.
- Monitoring of contract performance and compliance, contract management planning, risk management planning and compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the effective management of contract enquiries, disputes, variations, risks and undertaking negotiations as required.
- Maintaining a high level of quality communication with the commercial and legal teams throughout the negotiating and drafting process, ensuring all necessary approvals are received and contract standards are maintained.
- Representing Hansen on meetings and calls and effectively advocating Hansen’s contractual position.
- Researching and analysing contractual issues and providing reports regarding contract activity, performance and SLAs.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within Hansen and develop strategies to reduce potential areas of risk.
- Provide practical legal advice and support to Hansen’s sales, finance, leadership and HR teams.
- Drive the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years minimum) in a legal (or equivalent) role, with a preference within telco, utilities or regulated industries, software project implementation, and enterprise software systems environments.
- Fluent English. Fluency in another European language, such as Finnish, Danish, Norwegian or Swedish is essential.
- A legal qualification is required.
- Demonstrable experience in stakeholder management, managing sales expectations and deadlines.
- Strong deal-making skills that go beyond negotiating legal terms and resolving legal issues.
- Ability to change complex legal requirements into flexible business solutions.
- Detail-orientation and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline.
- Experience in advising on legal commercial and compliance matters.
- Ability to deliver in a demanding and entrepreneurial environment in a timely manner.
- Hands-on team player who can contribute both strategically and directly.
What Hansen Offer
- A stable and rewarding career path working for an established, expanding brand thriving throughout the COVID pandemic.
- Industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- Flexible hours and work from home options.
For any queries on this fantastic opportunity contact Simon Duckworth – Lead Talent Acquisition Partner EMEA firstname.lastname@example.org